Ayckbourn Events: Inner CircleThe Inner Circle - formerly Premier Patrons - offers the chance to celebrate Alan Ayckbourn's 60th anniversary with the Stephen Joseph Theatre in 2017. It is an exclusive event that celebrates the playwright's contribution to the theatre as well as his and Stephen Joseph's new playwriting legacy.
Please Note: This event has now sold out. A waiting list in event of any cancellations is being operated and for further details, please contact Rebecca Winder via the contact details below.
Inner Circle Week 201710 - 17 September 2017
Immerse yourself in a unique week-long experience with exclusive insight into the work of the SJT, including:
- Enjoy two very special Ayckbourn Gala events - A Brief History of Plays Parts 1 & 2.
- See Alan Ayckbourn's new play A Brief History of Women.
- See Alan Ayckbourn's revival of his classic farce Taking Steps.
- See the world premiere of Ali Taylor's Goth Weekend during the technical rehearsal week.
- Hear from writers, directors and designers about their work.
- Get a behind the scenes look at the theatre’s different departments.
- Discover the various technical aspects of putting on a show.
- Learn about the man who inspired Alan Ayckbourn and founded professional theatre-in-the-round in Scarborough, Stephen Joseph.
By becoming part of the Inner Circle, you will make a crucial investment in new writing, nurturing promising talent and commissioning work, and you’ll get exclusive access to the season’s biggest events at the SJT.
Booking and paying before 30 March 2017 will also give you an early bird discount.
Simon Murgatroyd, Alan Ayckbourn's Archivist, who has been involved with previous events at the Stephen Joseph Theatre, said:
“It seems very apt that as Alan Ayckbourn celebrates the 60th anniversary of his association with the Stephen Joseph Theatre, that the company is celebrating the past, present and future with this exciting event. The Inner Circle will be book-ended by two gala events celebrating Alan Ayckbourn's long connection to the theatre whilst the week offers the chance to look back at the man who inspired him, Stephen Joseph, as well as the exciting new direction it is taking as it moves forward under the new Executive and Artistic Directors, Steve Freeman and Paul Robinson. Whether you're interested in Alan Ayckbourn, the Stephen Joseph Theatre or just want to see behind the scenes at a major regional theatre, this will be an event not to be missed."
Bookings are being taken now and by signing up, you'll number of advantages:
- Be first in line to secure your place as there are strictly limited places.*
- Play a vital part in our season of produced work and be involved in an exclusive behind the scenes experience.
- Share the company’s challenges and the creative processes involved in staging new work.
- See how your support can be so much more than the conventional theatrical ‘angel’.
Feedback from previous attendees:“Everyone was so welcoming and friendly; we felt very much a part of the family.”
“I can’t thank the SJT enough for this; you all went above and beyond to make us all feel so welcomed.”
“We are terrific Ayckbourn fans, and it seems an ingenious way of supporting him, new productions and our favourite theatre.”
Early Bird Offer
- £1200 per person (or £1500 from 31 March 2017)
- £1600 per couple (or £2000 from 31 March 2017)
Early Bird Offer
- The Inner Circle event is limited to 24 places. Places cannot be reserved nor guaranteed without full payment. Places are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis and only full payment guarantees your place(s) on the Inner Circle.
- The early booking offer is only applicable to places paid in full before the deadline of 30 March. Any places not fully paid for by this date will incur the full cost of the event.
- In the event of a participant wishing to cancel their paid place, a full refund will be given providing Rebecca Winder receives written and acknowledged notification of the cancellation before 1 July 2017. Cancellations after 1 July 2017 will incur a cancellation fee of £600 per person; this will be deducted from monies paid prior to the refund.
- In the event of the Inner Circle being undersubscribed by 1 July 2017, the Stephen Joseph Theatre reserves the right to cancel the event and offer full refunds. In the event of this, the theatre will be liable for refund only of monies paid to the Stephen Joseph Theatre for the cost of the Inner Circle.
- By booking and paying for a place on the 2017 Inner Circle event, you both understand and agree to the above terms and conditions.